Alternating Scents for Office Workers
Scenting your office can have a significant impact on morale and productivity. The sense of smell is one of our most important senses; scents can evoke memories and emotions that have a considerable effect on our mood, energy level, and overall well-being. Ambient scenting in an office environment affects job performance, business decisions, and even how appreciated your employees feel. Different scents can have specific effects – for example, lavender is known to be relaxing, while peppermint can be stimulating and boost energy. However, using the same scent day in and day out can become somewhat boring; workers may become “nose blind,” not even noticing the scent after a while. That’s why it’s important to choose a range of aromas and use them strategically. One of the best ways to do this is to change scents with the season. Seasonal scenting is a terrific way to use a variety of aromas and benefit from their differing properties throughout the year.
Spring scents are all about the fresh, light, fruity, and floral. Springtime is a joyful time of sunshine, rejuvenation, and new life, and many scents can reflect this beautifully. Some great springtime scents include:
- The Garden: a stunning gift in lieu of a bouquet, a balanced blend of jasmine, ylang ylang and hyacinth lie at the heart of this scent, while fresh-cut stems merge with white lilies to produce a tuberose note that’s both voluptuous and creamy.
- Oriental Garden: The tranquil bliss of spring is perfectly captured in this peaceful blend of lemon, amber, vanilla, and jasmine.
- Fresh Linen: Fresh Linen is a delightful and fresh springtime scent that’s perfectly suited for the first warm days of the year with notes of lily of the valley, white jasmine, spring blossoms, and musk.
Say hello to warm, sultry nights and sizzling hot days. When summertime arrives, it’s time for warm breezes, light clothing, chilled beverages – and sparkling, citrusy, floral scents. To welcome the warm weather, try:
- Coconut Spice: Coconut flakes, fresh bananas, zesty oranges, and cinnamon spice dance with vanilla bean and cedar wood to create the alluring scent of a Caribbean kitchen on a summers night.
- Lavender Linen: Celebrate the long, warm days with clean and vibrant purple lavender, bergamot, Egyptian cotton, sandalwood, patchouli, and eucalyptus.
- Fall brings with it shorter days, chilly nights, and the beginning of the holiday season. The crisp morning air, leaves crunching underfoot, and the fragrances unique to the season help get us all into the spirit of the season – and aromatherapy can make these special days even more beautiful. To celebrate the glorious days of autumn, use these incredible aroma oils:
- Pumpkin Spice: What fall season would be complete without pumpkin spice… everything? Our Pumpkin Spice is an irresistible blend for you to add to your diffuser with the delicious scent of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove along with hints of whipped cream and vanilla.
- Black Tea & Teak: Imagine the ambience of a crisp autumn forest beneath the changing leaves with this earthy and sensual blend of oak moss and cedar wood, entwined with sheer bergamot, and zesty lemon, then laced with rich spices, warm amber, and musk, that's this scent.
When the days grow shorter, and warmth and sunshine are at a premium, morale can sink – but you can keep it boosted by ringing in the season with some tempting and mood-lifting scents. The holiday seasons is in full swing, and your employees will feel more festive and energetic with wintery fragrances to enjoy as they work. Several essential and aroma oils are perfect for chilly winter days. Be sure to check out:
- Holiday Spice: You and your team will feel cozy and warm surrounded by the spicy yet subtle scent of cinnamon, apples, and tangerine.
- Winter Pine: This lovely scent evokes visions of a crisp Northern forest with the invigorating aroma of crescendo pine, cedarwood, and bark.
- Redwood Nocturne: A dense, ancient place of towering firs, lush ferns and bright moss; living species that remind you how young you are—and how old the world.
At AromaTech, we love helping make our clients’ jobs easier and more fun. You can do the same for your employees by choosing some great essential and aroma oils for your diffuser and treating your staff to new, fresh scents throughout the year.