5 Essential Oils to Increase Productivity
Do you want to increase productivity? An aromatherapy diffuser and these five essential oils might be the answer.
You’ve probably tried hundreds of seemingly proven methods to increase productivity in your workplace. It seems every time you turn around there’s a new foolproof method – from rearranging your furniture to having more (or less) meetings in a workday. If you haven’t seen real success from your attempts, you might be attacking the problem in the wrong way.
Making minor adjustments to meeting schedules or adding in social activities aren’t always the best solutions for increasing productivity because they’ll never work for every employee. We’re all different, and some people will thrive on more social interaction while others will feel anxious and overwhelmed by this practice. Wouldn’t it be great if you could find a simple, low-key solution to increase your business’s productivity to which everyone would respond favorably?
The Science behind Scent
One of the easiest and most subtle ways to influence someone’s mood is by stimulating their senses. Our sense of smell is one of the most powerful, yet often underrated senses that is extremely sensitive to subtle changes in scent. Certain fragrances can impact your mood dramatically, causing you to feel happier, more motivated, more energized, and even more relaxed.
Don’t believe this is possible? Has a smell ever triggered a specific memory for you? Have you ever experienced déjà vu simply from a hint of a certain scent? We tie memories and emotions deeply to certain smells. Scent has a tremendous power over our overall perception.
Invest in Happier Employees
Not only can scent help increase productivity for your company, but it can also make your employees happier while they’re working. We all know satisfied employees are also more likely to work hard, so using an aromatherapy diffuser to improve employees’ moods is a win-win situation.
Not sure what scents to start with? There’s such a large variety to choose from that finding the right scents can be overwhelming. Don’t worry. Here are five amazing scents that are bound to please your workers:
- Citrus – scents with hints of citrus like our Orange Spice will help you feel both uplifted and energized at work.
- Grass – grassy smells might not be your first choice, but scents like Fresh Cut Grass can actually stimulate creativity by relieving stress and making you happy.
- Peppermint – any scents with Peppermint in them can invigorate and rejuvenate you, while helping you feel more alert and focused.
- Green Tea – fragrances with Green Tea have been proven to increase focus and make you feel more awake and alert.
- Coffee – smelling Fresh Brewed Coffee stimulates our minds and makes us feel more awake, happy, and renewed.
If you’re looking for a subtle, effective way to help your employees feel more productive and alert while working, scent therapy can help. Simply purchase the essential oil that you’d like to try and let your aromatherapy diffuser do the rest.
You can find these beneficial scents and more at our online store.