When you’re constantly on the run, finding time to concentrate or the energy to accomplish everything on your list can seem impossible. Whether you’re rushing off from job to job, finishing school and working part-time, or trying to juggle work and family priorities, you know that being stressed out is not only a terrible feeling, it’s also extremely unhealthy.
Trying to find an easy and simple way to destress, reenergize your body and mind, and help maintain focus and concentration probably seems laughable. Yet, there is a little trick you can try that will cost you barely any time or money: aromatherapy.
Many people may consider aromatherapy to be something only used in day spas or health resorts. However, aromatherapy is becoming increasingly more popular because of its many health benefits. Aromatherapy has been found to help influence your mood so that you can bring forth the best version of yourself as you go about your day.
How does this work? Think about your senses. When you see an uplifting movie, a nostalgic poster, or cheery colors, your mood tends to perk up, right? Scent is an even stronger sense, which can subtly impact your mood through different aromas. You may have heard that lavender, for instance, has been known to help people sleep. That’s not just an old wives’ tale. Lavender does in fact trigger relaxation and peaceful feelings, allowing many to relax long enough to fall asleep peacefully.
In fact, scents can help you accomplish more, feel happier, and even relieve stress and anxiety. For this reason, many hotels, offices, and stores across the globe are incorporating aromatherapy into their buildings. The best news of all is that there are scents proven to promote energy and increase concentration. These five natural AromaTech scents work great in scent diffusers and also happen to smell incredible:
- Bergamot Orange – this slightly zesty oil is often used in a scent diffuser to help relieve anxiety. In doing so, this oil makes it easier for many users to concentrate. The uplifting scent also aids in increasing energizing feelings and moods.
- Coconut – this beloved scent aids in reducing stress, which helps allow for better concentration, so you can finally get tasks completed.
- Dark Roast Coffee – this delicious scent mimics a freshly brewed pot of coffee and can help you feel more energized and ready to take on your day.
- Lemon Balm – this citrusy scent will keep you moving and alert. The citrus properties in this oil are ideal for increasing focus and energy, so you can get back to feeling like yourself again.
- Pure Energy – this oil’s name says it all. Pour this into your scent diffuser to wake up your mind and body.