It seems like lately the world has become divided into two categories: people who are addicted to essential oils and people who just don’t understand what all the fuss is about. These popular oils have been popping up everywhere lately, but many are still in the dark about all of the benefits they offer.
Aromatherapy and Health Benefits
Aromatherapy has been around for centuries, and since scent has been proven to impact our mood and feelings, oils are now being used to help improve mental health related conditions.
Here are some common essential oils that provide amazing health benefits:
- Eucalyptus – this powerful oil has been known to help combat congestion and inflammation. Placing this oil in a diffuser before you go to bed can help those suffering from cold and flu symptoms. It’s also considered the holy grail of sinusitis treatments.
- Green Tea – this popular oil helps relax and soothe sore, achy muscles. It’s rumored to help treat and prevent asthma attacks, lower bad cholesterol, and protect and strengthen teeth.
- Peppermint – this incredible oil has a variety of uses. You can use peppermint to calm an upset stomach, ward off nausea, help with headaches, and to help you wake up in the mornings.
- Vanilla – this common oil is believed to slow, prevent, and treat cancerous cells, reduce fevers, and soothe and relax you. In addition, vanilla essential oil can be used in a diffuser to help combat depression and can be used at night to help you sleep.
DIY Cleaners and More
In addition to using essential oils to help boost mental health and treat other ailments, essential oils are also being used to aid in natural cleaning and beauty products. Some common homemade cleaning and beauty products essential oils can be added to are:
- Laundry Detergent – use an oil of your choice to lightly scent your clothes
- Vinegar Cleaning Agents – if you aren’t partial to the harsh smell of vinegar, pick a more soothing scented oil to add to your homemade household cleaner
- Furniture and Linen Refreshers – combat musty smells with diluted essential oil sprays
- Lotions and Lip Balms – add a great scent and pick me up with aromatic oils
- Mouthwash and Toothpastes – no one wants to use a toothpaste that tastes bad or leaves their mouth smelling weird; essential oils can help
- Perfume – add your favorite essential oils to a base oil to create your own personalized, natural scent
All of the benefits of these oils, however, can only be achieved if you use 100% pure essential oils, like the ones stocked at Aromatech. Ready to see how oils can improve your life? Explore our huge online selection of oils and diffusers, today.